Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Here we go...

Well I guess it's time to start one of these as it will probably be the only legacy I leave in terms of Poker!

Some of the Boards.ie guys will know me to see and indeed know something about me. Contrary to goodluck2me's views I am still in my 30's although I've only 22 months left before I will have to change my sig. I am married with 3 kids, a solicitor by profession and live in Ballybrack for those curious.

Career-wise I run my own firm in Dun Laoghaire which is a small firm with a good mix of private and commercial clients and we pretty much do everything. I employ between 8 and 10 people depending on the work-load and, of course, the whims of those I employ.

I decided long ago that I will never become a millionaire in my business (despite, as the media would have you believe, constantly overcharging and robbing clients blind!!!!) so I took up poker. Being naturally cautious (as work demands) it is unlikely that I will ever make anything in terms of financial security grinding it out at the levels I do but who knows. My MO is definately to play within my poker bank-roll, build it up and maybe get that big score in a MTT one day.

One of the highlight's of my career to date was representing Conrad Gallagher in that famous "paintings" case for those who remember it.

The plan here is to mix in a bit of poker with a bit of life.

No comments: