Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friday Night Online

Took the day off work and picked up the wife and kids, had an excellent late lunch in the Step Inn and after packing them off to bed decided to play the PS $8.80 at 9pm and the $55 at 10pm.

The $8.80 got 1253 runners. Its a standard tourney so you need to build a stack early. After an uneventful 30 mins I was happy to take a race with my 66 v shorties KQ AIPF but I didnt hold and was now short myself. Next hand I shoved A4 off and luckboxed a wheel. a couple of hands later I got it AI with AK v 22 and spiked to get back to avg chips.

A little while later i went to the river with 77 on a Q high flop only to be shown JJ and I was in trouble again eventually open shoving A3 into QQ and I ended 444th for nowt.

The $55 was a bit better. This is a double stack tourney with $25k g'teed.

At the 15/30 level I pick up QhQc and raise to 150 which the BB obliges by calling. Flop comes 626 (2 hearts) and the BB leads for 180 which I flat call. He leads another 180 on the Tc turn. If he has the 6 he's playing it weird so I make it 420 and he obliges again. He leads again for 180 on the 7h river, I think this is a blocker so I make it 420 again and he calls and mucks when I show. My PT database shows he had 23 of diamonds.

I pick up AA at the 50/100 level UTG and make it 350 to go. Aggro MP repops to a grand. Its folded back to me and I flat. I check a T7T flop pretty sure he will c-bet but he's much more generous and goes AI for 5k + which I snap. He shows KK and I chip up nicely. In fact I'm in the top 30 now.

5 hands later I get the American Airlines again but only score a 10 bb pot.

It's all downhill from now though. Looking back through my hands I go on a run of 80 without picking up a pot. At the 200/400 level Im at 10bbs and pick up JJ which doubles me up. I win the blinds and antes 5 hands later OR with T9 sooted and then get blinded down and creep into the money for $80 (profit of $35).

Ahead for the night, always nice but what a sick run from such a good position.

At least I was in bed by 1 :)

No comments: