Tuesday, September 2, 2008

August Round Up

Have let the blog slip a bit which I guess most people do. So what’s been happening on the poker front?
Haven’t made it to a live tourney since the last one posted about which is sad. I was to play in the SE EOM but the wife fell ill, good job as it only had 20 odd runners which was poor and I much prefer a larger field.
Since I won that few bob in the PS $55 I decided against cashing it all out and instead wanted to test myself at (what for me is) higher levels. Just checked my PT stats and post them below for the month. Started off the month well but fell away badly at the end. When I analyse the stats I see I played TAG when I started which is natural enough when hitting a higher level, made money, thought “this is eeezzzeee” and loosened up. BAD MOVE. I posted a few hands and the helpful feed-back is that my bet-sizing sucks, it’s too small. Must work on that.

(edit - can't yet figure out how to post graphs and stuff! will edit later)
So that’s the deal with the cash, my VPIP and PFR ratio sucks and I need to work on this too. Hopefully next months will improve. The BIG DIPS are caused by my non-belief in opponents going AI with the nuts. Must remember this also. Bad cash first month, down $450.
As for tourneys I scored a third-in-a-row cash in the Sunday Million, the 3rd was also my biggest cash at a little over $1k. Here’s the month of Millions …

(edit - can't yet figure out how to post graphs and stuff! will edit later)

I missed the one on the 24th because I was in Majorca for a week.
Over 32 tourneys for the month I’m up a little, but I have been taking shots at the $100 F/O and have yet to cash. Down $545 in those. In relation to the $50 tourneys I’ve spent $595 (inc 1 re-buy tourney) and have returned $265 odd so am down there too. In total for the month in all tourneys (32 of them) I’m up just under $100.00.
So that’s the poker round up. Have a nice week away with the wife and kids. Saw a spectacular show called “Pirates” in Magalouf, well worth going to if you’re in the vicinity. My eldest Joey went back to school to-day. Works going good but am always wondering when the next decent case will walk in the door.

1 comment:

Hibernia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.